Lesson #3: Narrowing in on a Skill
How did you go with the first exercise? The rest of this challenge won’t make any sense at all unless you’ve done that first exercise, so make sure you've got some skills under each of those five questions from yesterday!
Now it's time to narrow in on your side hustle skills.
I want you to take those five pages from yesterday's exercise and find the top 3 skills from each page that meet the following criteria:
- A 'top 3' skill is one that you could do blindfolded, i.e. You don’t need any further training in this skill to be able to do it
- You enjoy doing this skill or it comes naturally to you
- You have access to all the tools and resources you’ll need to be able to effectively do this skill. For example, if you’re a graphic designer, you’ve already got a copy of Photoshop etc
So using the pages from yesterday, go ahead and find those top 3 skills and then rank those top 3 skills from 1-3, with #1 being the one you like the most, and #3 being the one you like the least.
For example, say you had the following skills identified as your top 3 skills from your day job:
- email writing
- creating social media graphics
- managing social media engagement
The next thing you do is then rank them from 1-3 in order of which you like the best to least. So #1 is best, #3 is least.
Now it's your turn!
All set? Tomorrow we're going to figure out if any of these skills are actually viable aka gonna make you moola!